The Jerabek Running Club is a daily running club (Mon – Fri) for grades UTK-5 that provides a positive environment for our children to get moving before school. Students can run or walk their laps.
The back gate opens at 8:15 a.m. and the last lap is called at 8:25 a.m. so students can get to line/class by 8:30 a.m.
All students will be provided with a QR code lanyard that will track their laps throughout the year. Our volunteers will scan the lanyard after each lap. Runners will receive a monthly certificate with their mileage total from their classroom running club volunteer.
All runners are responsible for keeping their lanyard safe and ready to use each morning. We encourage students to find a spot in their backpack that makes it easy to access daily. Students who lose their lanyard will need to purchase a replacement through the FFO for $1. (Venmo: @JerryKoala with a note that reads “RC Lanyard”). Students who do not have a badge will not receive credit for laps completed.
There will be random days throughout the year where students can earn “double laps” – 1 lap will count for 2 when scanned.
Parents are welcome to join their Koalas on the track (no scanning provided for parents) or stand along the fence line and watch.
Interested in following your child’s Running Club journey? All you need is your phone or computer (with a camera) and your child’s Running Club QR code.
CLICK HERE and choose to login as a PARTICIPANT. The next screen will allow you to scan your QR code. Your child’s stats will then pop up. Tip: if you’re viewing via your phone select ‘Desktop Site’ to enable an easier-to-view interface.
The kids are crushing it out there!!
- Backpacks are not allowed on the track. All bags must be left along the fence line.
- No pushing – keep your hands to yourself. This is not a race.
- Do not cut the track – anyone seen cutting the track will not get credit for their lap.
- All students must stay on the track – no entering the grass inside the track.
- Walkers stay to the left, runners pass on the right.
- Be mindful of smaller students in front of you and go around them.
- Be Respectful. Be Responsible. Be Kind. Be Safe. And HAVE FUN!